Have you ever heard about Anchor Text? If not, do not need to panic because today we will know about this. Let’s first learn about SEO. SEO This is all you have to hear even before. SEO means Search Engine Optimization and its job is to optimize the Website for Search Engines and rank the website in the search engine such as Google, Bing etc. SEO is a technique through which we rank our website in search engine.
SEO is composed of many processes, You can divide it into 2 parts. One is ONPAGE and the second OFFPAGE. Now Onpage and Offpage can also be divided into several processes.
There is also a link anchor text of Search Engine Optimization and On Page SEO. People make very little value while doing SEO in their articles. But anchor text is just as important as the other types of SEO in ranking a site. So let’s get anchor text today and know about why it is so important.
Anchor Text is very important for the perfect SEO optimization of your website. Many people have read about it and have seen it, but they are unaware of what the anchor text is and why it is necessary for SEO optimization.
When you read a post on any website, when you get some clickable text in the post. They are different from our regular texts. You can click on these text. When you click on that text, you will be redirected to any other page or website. We call it text anchor text.
Whenever you are reading a post on a computer on your computer and your cursor changes into a hand icon by going to any text of that post. So that’s an anchor text and you can click on it.
You may have seen many times in our posts too on our website that whenever we write an article we often link it to another post which is called the internal or inbound link, link to any page of your own website. By using anchor text as an internal link will say. When this link is linked to another website’s page, it can call it External link or an outbound link.
These Inbound and Outbound links are the anchor text of the website itself.
Why is anchor text necessary?
With the search engine anchor text, gathering information about the content of the page and what the page is related to, it also looks for the keywords to rank the website. This is a huge factor in ranking the website and therefore plays a huge role in the link building.
Anchor text provides reference to the search engine for inbound links for which it should rank, its website has a direct impact on the organic traffic. This can increase the traffic coming from Search Engines.
What are the types of Anchor Text?
It is used so that any website’s rank increases in search engines like Google. With the help of anchor text, if you select your keyword and use it with Anchor Text then your website rank will improve.
Many times, the search engines impose penalties on websites without link building properly. To avoid that penalty, know how to use correct and good anchor text.
What are the type of anchor text: –
1) Generic Anchor Texts – In category, generic word is used for anchor text. The word generic means any ordinary or general term. In most cases, generic anchor text does not make any profits for your website. Generic anchor does not provide any context about text linked pages. It also gives no benefit to your rank. In the Generic Anchor texts, click here, read more, Go to this site etc. are used in abundance. If you want to increase the rank of your website, generic anchor text will not help you.
2) Branded Anchor Text – Any name of any text if it is a brand, it comes in the category of Branded anchor. The brand is used directly in branded anchor texts. “Like whenever we will post a link to Amazon on our website and keep the title of the link” amazon “then it becomes a branded anchor text. This does not increase the ranking of the website. If you are building a link to your website then use less of the branded anchors.
3) Naked link Anchors – This is a very simple category of anchors. Whenever we write directly to any website or any other webpage in any post, it is called Naked link anchors!
Like we gave a link of amazon in our post but also gave its title as amazon.com and using it as amazon.com in its website post, so amazon.com is a naked link anchor.
4) Image Anchors – You may have seen on many websites that many times when you click on an image, your browser takes you to another website. To see a lot of blog image, image anchor in your post. By applying an image anchor, whenever you click on that image, you will reach the website from where the image has been taken.
Whenever an image is anchor or is linked to the web site, the search engine finds its content with the alt attribute of that image. From the search engine image, the keyword can not determine which keyword to rank the website, so with the image, alt attribute made with it generates information about the search engine image.
If the alt tag of the image is left empty then the search engine can not help it rank as an anchor. Applying this kind of image is of no use. 5) Partial match Anchor Text – In this type of anchor some part of anchor text is used. Whenever an anchor text is used, some part of our keyword (partial) is used in it. Like if our keyword is “Gift Shops” then we can partial match anchor text like this – “Top gift shops in UK”.
In this way partial use of target keywords in anchor text is called partial match anchor text. These links are very important in the building and are very good in increasing the rank of the website.
Benefits of Anchor Text
There are many benefits to using anchor text on your website. If you learn to use them correctly, then you can easily bring your blog to a good ranking in the search engine. Let’s know what the benefits of anchor text –
1) If anchor text is used correctly in the post, your page rank will increase in the search engine. The more page rank, the more organic traffic it is. With page rank, whenever someone searches for something related to your target keyword, your blog will be indexed in the result.
2) Anchor text also plays a very big role in reducing the Bounce rate. If you have ever used adsense, you will know how much the bounce rate is for a website. It is said that the bounce rate should be less than 35%. If used in the manner of anchor text, you can reduce your bounce rate. And adsense or any other adnetwork can earn good money.
Some important things related to Anchor Text
Some people start using Anchor Text everywhere without the full knowledge of Anchor Text. Doing this may be harmful to your website. Avoid using such anchor. Some similar information that everyone should know before using anchor text or anchor.
1) Keep anchor text relevant according to the relevant content. The more relevant your article will be from your target keyword, you will have the same benefit in rank.
2) Do not link your website to any website that contains spam. Such linking can be bad for your seo.
3) Avoid using the same Anchor Texts repeatedly in one post.
4) While writing a guest post on other blogs, remember that the authority of that domain is above 30. Write the guest post also on the relevant keyword which you are trying to target.
Anchor Text is still a matter of debate among people. Some people believe that it is no longer useful, and some believe that it is still useful. There is no visible end to this debate but yes, through the research of a website, it has proved that anchor text is equally useful today.